Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I purchased iTunes Match it included radio, now it doesn't. Whats up with that, Apple?

iTunes Match no longer includes radio. Why not? I paid for a year.

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 7:17 PM

6 replies

Jan 30, 2016 5:50 AM in response to lkrupp

Sorry to correct you but yes it was. In fact when one would sign up for iTunes Match part of the marketing was ad-free iTunes Radio. I played it for hours. You received three items when you paid your $24.99 for one year. You received music storage in the cloud, song matching, and ad-free iTunes Radio. Sad that I still see all my custom stations and other stations created by Apple or others. I just cannot play them any longer. What people are feeling is they have paid for a service which included something that has been taken away before the full term of a contract is up. This goes way beyond terms of service and people throughout the net feel damaged.

What this did for me is simple. I feel Apple has infringed on my rights to access services that has been paid. With that said I started playing with Amazon music and others. Something I would have never done if Apple did not disrespect my yearly contractual agreement of service marketed to me off their website. I bought an Amazon Echo and ordered media devices other than Apple. This is what happens when people feel slighted. Apple just created a few thousand people to shift gears to other services because they did not fulfil their end of a deal. Now they need to up date my music app and take the radio option off which is useless now they pulled the plug.

Jan 31, 2016 6:39 AM in response to xspoon.mac

I have the same issue - I bought iTunes Match for the ad free radio and the cloud storage was just an added bonus. I imagine there was some small print somewhere that said they could alter the service in the future (was there?), but it still seems odd that they would remove a primary feature and not give us anything in return. Oh well - I have Amazon Prime so I guess I will use that now and I will also look at Spotify.

When I purchased iTunes Match it included radio, now it doesn't. Whats up with that, Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.