Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus vertical lines

Hi,

After some research I am narrowing this down to possible loose flex cables in within the phone. But I cannot be sure! I chat with Apple the other day and asked if I could get it swapped they said but my phone is now 15 months old. I have asked about consumer law which would cover me but they said it really depends. I have not had any drops or water damage. But something tells me this may be software related? Please check out the video http://tinypic.com/r/2usernd/9 as well as the image included below.

User uploaded file

Please if anyone could shed some light that would be brilliant!

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 6:18 PM

1 reply

Jan 29, 2016 6:32 PM in response to squaresoft

Just elaborating the video, when I put some pressure on the top right corner of the phone, the lines disappear but will reappear. This can also happen when pressure is put on top left corner of the phone at different intensity. Lines return either gradually within seconds up to within minutes. When the lines are present, all touch screen is working. When I make the lines disappear, the right side of the screen stopped working but left one works OK. When I send phone to sleep and wake it up, all touch screen works again irrespective of whether there are lines or not, and after a while any of the above problems can happen again. Sometimes, when I make the lines appear and disappear intermittently, some parts of the screen are activated without me tapping or touching the screen.

iPhone 6 Plus vertical lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.