Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect microsoft bluetooth mouse (Yosemite 10.10.5)

I'm using Yosemite 10.10.5 on a "mid-2007" iMac. I recently purchased a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse. When I try to connect, Bluetooth does not recognize that the mouse is trying to connect with it. If there's anything I can do other than throwing out the mouse, I would welcome suggestions!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2016 5:44 PM

Hello,

It's happening the same to me. I'm using Mac OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, late 2011).

I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 3600 (https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/mice/bluetooth-mobile-mouse -3600/pn7-00001) that, under specs, is compatible with MacOS 10.10 (it was the last version at the moment).

The problem is that my mac is not detecting the mouse, while I can detect it from other Windows.

Is it possible that, independently of the OSX version, the bluetooth version of the mouse (4.0) doesn't work with MacBooks from 2011? I've checked that my laptop version was the last one using bluetooth 2.1.

Thanks

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2016 5:44 PM in response to SpenceP

Hello,

It's happening the same to me. I'm using Mac OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, late 2011).

I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 3600 (https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/mice/bluetooth-mobile-mouse -3600/pn7-00001) that, under specs, is compatible with MacOS 10.10 (it was the last version at the moment).

The problem is that my mac is not detecting the mouse, while I can detect it from other Windows.

Is it possible that, independently of the OSX version, the bluetooth version of the mouse (4.0) doesn't work with MacBooks from 2011? I've checked that my laptop version was the last one using bluetooth 2.1.

Thanks

Unable to connect microsoft bluetooth mouse (Yosemite 10.10.5)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.