Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facing issue in MS Office 2016! Is it recommended to get support from third party tech support provider?

Office 2016 that I use on my MacBook Pro has turned into a nightmare. The search option in the suite is not working the way it should, making it difficult for me to find out the required mails quickly. Any search that I make leads to “no results” outcome despite of my emails being present in the mail box. Since my mac warranty has expired, I am confused about the best possible way to get the issue resolved as soon as possible. Should I contact Apple and renew the support subscription or should I go with an external tech support provider as Apple might not support MS products?

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 1:11 AM

23 replies

Feb 1, 2016 2:57 AM in response to Jazzjessika

Hello Jazz

The cause of the problem that you are facing with MS Office 2016 on your MacBook is not known to you, and this ‘unknown factor’ is a major drawback in the recovery process. The dilemma, perhaps will needle you to contact both Apple Support and Microsoft Office Support. But what might prevent the addressing of the technical glitch is the blame game of one over another. This will ultimately lead nowhere but into wastage of money and time. Thus, to get the problem addressed as soon as possible and to get an unbiased genuine support, it is better that you voice your concern to experts at third party Technical Services. Nonetheless, the same should be a reputed one with expertise in the arena.

Feb 11, 2016 11:20 PM in response to Jazzjessika

Hi Jazzjessika

I suggest you to get help from a renowned third party tech support company for the issue you are facing with Mac and Office 2016. The reason I am suggesting assistance from an external Technical Services is that I have had a good experience with quite many of the reputed ones. And not just that there’s a logical reason for the same. With Microsoft Support and Mac Support, you will be assisted with the Office issue and Mac issue respectively with the other remaining at risk. Thus, it is always a good idea to get the issues resolved at one reliable destination.

Feb 15, 2016 11:16 PM in response to Jazzjessika

Hello Andrew & Jazzjessika

Just wanted to share my experience with third party tech support providers! It’s not been too long that I opted for Mac support from an external Technical Services. Suggested by one of my most reliable buddy who is a tech savvy guy, I was expecting an exceedingly fair solution. But alas! It gave me nothing more than an added frustration that I was already experiencing. Despite having quite a positive attitude towards the same I was provided with a solution that froze my MacBook and Outlook. I got genuine support only with the proprietary Mac Support and Windows Support. Thus, I suggest obtaining technical services from the same.

Feb 16, 2016 12:35 AM in response to Jazzjessika

The best place to get the issue resolved is by contacting the developer of the software.

The easiest way to determine if an issue is being caused by the operating system or the application. Can you reproduce the issue in another application? If yes, then you should start by contacting the developer of the OS which for this situation is Apple. If no, it's probably the application and you should contact the developer of the software which happens to be Microsoft in this case.

Feb 16, 2016 3:39 AM in response to chroot

The reason I started conversing on this Apple forum was to receive a genuine support from the developers as soon as possible. But now it has been a long time since I commenced communicating. Even after the discussion lasting for about 2 weeks, I have not yet received any kind of help from developers, neither the developers of the Mac nor MS Office. Can anyone suggest how to contact their tech support directly? However, I am still waiting for someone from Apple and/or Microsoft to get to me and address the issue.

Feb 16, 2016 5:31 AM in response to Jazzjessika

Jazzjessika wrote:

The reason I started conversing on this Apple forum was to receive a genuine support from the developers

These are user to user forums. We don't work for Apple and we certainly aren't MS developers.

For help with Office issues, post your question on Microsofts own forums for their Mac software where the Office guru's hang out.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac

Facing issue in MS Office 2016! Is it recommended to get support from third party tech support provider?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.