Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing program

I know this is a difficult question but I would be very grateful if anyone has the answer.

I had an application that extracted frames from films (and other facilities) that worked very well. The only problem was that it had to be installed every time I wanted to use it. I had the application on a folder I named "programs" that could be found by clicking the search icon at the top right corner of the screen.

The folder has disappeared... So far, this is the only application that is missing.

I cannot remember the name of it but it was something like mfx or mtf or something with an "m" in it. The square small icon was blue and once it opened the white window that appeared had 5 dots in blue in the centre of it where films could be dragged in.

I am not young any more and my memory is crap. Can Anyone help??

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 3:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 8:21 AM

Like this?

User uploaded file

MPEG Streamclip - you can get it here:

http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

MtD

9 replies

Jan 31, 2016 9:16 AM in response to Meg The Dog

With my previous application, when I was in the middle of editing a video, if I wanted to modify a still-frame, I would simply drag the source file where the image was into the mpeg application and I would select whatever still I wanted to alter, save in on my desktop and then change it.

With this new one I can only do this with youtubes or "finished " videos, not the raw material.

Jan 31, 2016 9:44 AM in response to Sots62

Sots62 wrote:

With my previous application, when I was in the middle of editing a video, if I wanted to modify a still-frame, I would simply drag the source file where the image was into the mpeg application and I would select whatever still I wanted to alter, save in on my desktop and then change it.

With this new one I can only do this with youtubes or "finished " videos, not the raw material.

What do you mean by "modify"? What do you want do to the frame?

MPEG Streamclip is a file format converter.

It sounds like you might be thinking of another application?

MtD

Jan 31, 2016 11:31 AM in response to Sots62

You don't need an external program to get the still frame out of FCP for modification in Photoshop.

Park the playhead on the frame you want to modify in either the Viewer or the Canvas.

Go to the menu File > Export > Using Quicktime Conversion...

User uploaded file

and when the export Pane opens, set the format to Still Image, and name it, navigate to where you want it saved, and export it.

User uploaded file

Take that exported frame into Photoshop and do as you will to it.

When done, save it, then drag that modified frame back into FCP to edit it into your sequence.

MtD

Missing program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.