Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why apple does not support app call recorder or voice recorder

Hi, Mu name is Rustam I am living in Kazakhstan country using iphone 5s. I would like to use call recorder app same in android, this app recording all your outgoing and incoming calls. I know in USA it's prohobited to use, but in my coutry it's Allow to use. By my job I need this app, why you don't allow to use? Even I from different country.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2017 8:18 AM

I purchased Apple on the belief that its very simple and easy to use. I joined a company where there are many conversations on phone. In this situation, recording my conversations will be helpful. Now you're telling me to go **** and buy another device? I payed a hefty amount to purchase a smartphone and you say it's not smart enough to do such a simple thing? That's very arrogant.

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2017 8:18 AM in response to KiltedTim

I purchased Apple on the belief that its very simple and easy to use. I joined a company where there are many conversations on phone. In this situation, recording my conversations will be helpful. Now you're telling me to go **** and buy another device? I payed a hefty amount to purchase a smartphone and you say it's not smart enough to do such a simple thing? That's very arrogant.

Aug 21, 2017 8:23 AM in response to KiltedTim

If this thread is dead, why is the Reply button still active?

Buying a phone shouldn't involve "researching" as it shouldn't be that much of a thing which people like you make it. One should purchase a smartphone, with Apple's name, one would expect it should work. Some features which are basic to every bluetooth enabled phone is not present in iOS.

Aug 20, 2017 8:49 AM in response to Chaitanya2106

Chaitanya2106 wrote:

I am surprised you are blaming your failure to properly research features of your chosen device, and lack of a feature is now an Apple issue. You have 14 days to return your device (or whatever is your local policy is). If you want new features, provide Product Feedback to Apple.

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple .

Dec 15, 2017 6:22 AM in response to dialabrain

***** The central question here is "why doesn't Apple allow the recording function already in the iPhone to access phone calls". It's not because it's illegal in some countries. This functionality is available to every Android phone - heck even my Symbian phone in 2007 could do this. No, it's a decision by Apple not to allow it. The question is "why"?

<Edited by Host>

Jan 30, 2016 6:16 AM in response to naimen

HI,

(Disclaimer : I am not an Apple employee)

Apple doesn't allow this to prevent viruses/trojans/hacks : Each app is put in what is called a "sandbox", which means it cannot communicate with other apps such as the Phone app. You can record your calls by using the jack port : you can record what is sent to and from the iPhone from ears for example using a special 2-way stereo (4-pin) adapter connected to a recording device such as your computer.

Jan 30, 2016 6:05 PM in response to Japib

I can't use any of that devices. It's just easy to allow use "automatic call recorder" app, very helpfull programm. Why andoid allow to use this app? I really doesn't want change my phone on android phone, but I really need this app. I know in USA it's illigal record otgoing and incomig calls, but what about different countries? In my country it's ligal to use this app. If apple doesn't want to allow use i will chnage my iphone on different phone with android system.

Why apple does not support app call recorder or voice recorder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.