Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What drivers do I do download for Windows 7 Bootcamp?

I partitioned my 2012 iMac yesterday with a 64-bit Windows 7. I was pretty successful at installing Windows, but I came upon an unexpected problem. There was no network connection in the Windows partition, even though my OS X partition WiFi connection worked perfectly fine. However, after some research on the Internet, I have found that most people seem to have this issue with Bootcamp Windows 7 and it seems that I have to manually install the utility drivers to fix the issue.

What drivers do I download though? I've looked all over Apple.com and I've only found two. They both failed to work. Could someone give me a link for the Utility Drivers I have to download for Bootcamp 64-bit Windows 7 for a 2012 iMac?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 11:31 AM

Please see Install Windows 7 and earlier on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support for drivers and download the version appropriate for you model.

5 replies

Feb 3, 2016 7:57 AM in response to Loner T

Sorry, I took so long to reply.

That link was very helpful. I found the drivers for my model, but I came across an issue. . .

The file naturally came as a compressed/zipped folder but when I tried to unzip it or "extract all", it told me that it was unable to extract because the file was apparently empty. I downloaded it a few different times and even tried downloading on different computers and transferring it via a flash drive, but nothing seemed to work. Bootcamp with Windows 7 is becoming incresingly frusterating for me.

NOTE: If its of any help, this is the driver package I'm having trouble with: Boot Camp Support Software 5.1.5621

Feb 4, 2016 5:16 AM in response to Loner T

It was the OS X side, because the Windows side doesn't have a network connection, which is why I was trying to install the utility drivers in the first place in hopes that it would fix that. I talked with Apple Support yesterday, and the technician discovered that the file I had downloaded wasn't the right size, which seems like an accurate reason as to why my file wouldn't open. I downloaded it again, but it was late so I left the download for the night. I'm going to check to see if it works today, but I have a better hope that it will.

What drivers do I do download for Windows 7 Bootcamp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.