Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One movie isn't playing for me

Jurassic World, to be exact. The extras work just fine, with sound, but when I try playing the movie it stays a black screen. No error message pops up. This happened before and after I updated iTunes to 12.3.2. My other movie plays just fine. Any reasons for this? I've tried switched from HD to SD, but still nothing.

Windows 8

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 8:22 AM

3 replies

Jan 31, 2016 12:24 PM in response to ifimhereimpissed

Hello,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you have purchased Jurassic World from the iTunes Store, but it is not playing as expected. Because you have already isolated this issue to this one movie, I would suggest deleting this movie from your iTunes library and then re-download it fresh to test.

To re-download the movie, please follow the steps outlined in the following article.

On a Mac or PC

1. Open iTunes.
  2. Click More User uploaded file in the upper-left corner.
  3. Click Movies User uploaded file or TV Shows User uploaded file from the pop-up menu.
  4. Click iTunes Store.
  5. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  6. Under Movie Quick Links or TV Show Quick Links on the right side of the iTunes Store, click Purchased.
    User uploaded file
  7. Select Not in My Library to view purchased content that isn't on your computer.
    User uploaded file
  8. Scroll to find the item that you want to download.
  9. Click the Download icon User uploaded file in the upper-right corner of the item that you want to download. Your item downloads to your library.
    If an item is already in your library, the Download icon won't appear.

Download your past purchases - Apple Support

Cheers!

Feb 7, 2016 6:06 AM in response to ifimhereimpissed

Hi,

Thanks for replying with this information. Because the movie still doesn’t play after downloading it fresh, I would suggest reporting this problem to iTunes Support directly. For information on how to do this, please read over and follow the steps in the link below.

Report a problem with an item purchased from the iTunes Store, App Store, Mac App Store, or iBooks Store - Apple Support

Best!

One movie isn't playing for me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.