Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I avoid the Family Organizer (my brother) from being charged for my individual purchases?

Appme family sharing question about payments

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 7:59 AM

1 reply

Jan 31, 2016 12:12 PM in response to Beetlebum78

Hello Beetlebum78,

It sounds like you want to stop your organizers card from being billed when you make a purchase. You would have to have a balance on your iTunes account, according to the following article:

Family purchases and payments

After you set up your family, any time a family member initiates a new purchase it will be billed directly to your account, unless that family member has gift or store credit. First, their store credit will be used to pay the partial or total bill. The remainder will bill to the family organizer's card

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, take care!

How can I avoid the Family Organizer (my brother) from being charged for my individual purchases?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.