Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro X will not import footage

for some reason I cannot import standard files from my Canon XC10.

4K files are fine, but the lower resolution files cannot be imported to FCPX. Only the audio gets imported. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help please?

The files are already in the computer in one of my external hard drives and I can see them well with the VLC application. So, there is nothing wrong with the files. Many thank

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 8:09 AM

27 replies

Feb 1, 2016 1:43 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I fear this is a compatibility issue between canon and apple. I am working with the new C300mk2 and have the same issue. I can (after a fashion) import YCbCr 422 files but when trying to import RGB4444 files only the audio is imported. The metadata is not imported correctly for anything from the camera. The proxy files that are simultaneously recorded also only import audio - no video. For a feature that is there precisely to improve workflow time I think this should have been sorted out before Canon released any of the cameras that have this issue.

I am trying to get to the bottom of it with Canon support - I suggest everyone who has this issue should contact Canon and Apple to try to get some movement on dealing with this. The only apparent solution I have found so far is the BrorsoftMXFConverter (I only used the trial version to briefly test). This transcodes the files to Pro Res. I have not had a chance to check what metadata is collected in the transcoding though. It also adds quite a bit of time to the workflow - which is not really helpful.

I find it scandalous that we are dealing with what both parties here call professional products but they have not sorted this out for months - really disappointing!

Final Cut Pro X will not import footage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.