Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enabling Wireless Charging for iphone6s using Spigen Wireless Charger kit

Hi Team,

I recently bought iPhone 6s 64GB Space Grey. I also purchased 2 additional accessories to use the benefits of Wireless charging technology.

Spigen Iphone 6s Case (4.7") Built-In Wireless Charge Receiver Case (Gunmetal) Sgp11560& Spigen F300W Wireless Charger SGP11480.

I have ensured that the volt & amp numbers are maintained by the Wireless charger and receiver(5 Volts & 2 amps), but the case gets a bit heated up due to the Wireless charging. Do you recommend using these devices to charge wireless'ly?

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2016 4:47 AM

Hi,

Spine makes really good products, so I would not worry about that. It is normal wireless changing heats up a bit. (unwanted Induction resistance causes this)

3 replies

Feb 9, 2016 1:55 PM in response to Arun.S

Arun.S wrote:

@Japib,

Thanks for your reply, appreciated it...

Did anybody face the issue of the case heating due to the Wireless charging, And i also see that iphone works best at 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C) ambient temperatures and im sure its getting heated up beyond that...

If it heats beyond the phone's limit will display a warning and shut off. It's normal for the phone to get warm when charging, and inductive losses in the case will add to that. 35º C is really pretty hot, so it's unlikely it's getting that warm.

Enabling Wireless Charging for iphone6s using Spigen Wireless Charger kit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.