Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Serial number issues

Hello guys,

When I'm looking for support and am required to input my serial number of my macbook pro retina 13 it says it is invalid.

Is there any solution?

Yours sincerel

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 12:40 PM

9 replies

Jan 30, 2016 12:56 PM in response to CiCo66

If it's not from Apple, then you cannot get it serviced. "From a guy" suggests you may have been taken or already registered it under his name. The best you can hope to do is make an appointment at the Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar and take it in for service. If you are not in the USA or cannot set up an appointment this way, then contact your local Apple Store directly. Perhaps they can help you.

Jan 30, 2016 1:06 PM in response to CiCo66

You bought it from a stranger. You don't know a thing about him or it. He might have sealed a stolen computer in an opened box for all you know. In any event we can't help you because the serial number is in the hardware in firmware you cannot change without knowing what to do and having the equipment to do it.

Serial number issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.