Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove tv show from favorites on the new apple tv 4

Hi. I added a bunch of shows to my favorites on the tv shows iTunes app on the new apple tv. I noticed that i had a tv show i wish to remove but when i try to it tells me that the tv show is not longer available on iTunes so I can't seem to be able to remove it,

has anyone encounter this problem? if so any idea how i can remove that tv show from my favorites? Is there a way to access my favorites on iTunes on my mac or something so that i can remove it?

Thank you!

Apple TV, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 8:09 PM

Favorites add/remove are now accessible if you go to Search under TV Shows/Itunes. Search for the show you want to add or remove. Once you've found it, you should see 3 or 4 buttons under the description, such as "Play".... The last button should be "+ Favorites" or "- Favorites".

It just took me about an hour to see this, as I was incorrectly searching for the Favorites options under Purchased like on Gen. 3.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2016 8:09 PM in response to stefanieRibarra

Favorites add/remove are now accessible if you go to Search under TV Shows/Itunes. Search for the show you want to add or remove. Once you've found it, you should see 3 or 4 buttons under the description, such as "Play".... The last button should be "+ Favorites" or "- Favorites".

It just took me about an hour to see this, as I was incorrectly searching for the Favorites options under Purchased like on Gen. 3.

Mar 22, 2016 3:29 AM in response to stefanieRibarra

On the Apple TV 4 the link in Favourites is a link to the store, if the item is removed form the store all you will get "is this Item is no longer available in the iTunes store" and because of this YOU CAN NOT REMOVE THE ICON..Apple are now aware of this problem..if you have or know someone who has an Apple TV 3 then it can be removed by using the apple TV 3 where the favourites link goes to you purchase section..

Can't remove tv show from favorites on the new apple tv 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.