Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to set up my 4th generation Apple TV and it won't move from Spanish to English. Any suggestions?

HHow can I get my Apple TV, 4th generation, set-up screen from Spanish to English.

thx

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 7:41 PM

During the first part of setup. there is an option to select a language. if you passed that part already, unplug your apple tv, wait 3-5 minutes, and then plug back in and wait for startup. if it doesnt go to select a language, then contact apple support.

13 replies

Feb 1, 2016 11:23 AM in response to scott lorigan

Select the icon on the screen with the gear symbol on it, select the top option in the list, scroll down the list on the next page to the second from the bottom setting, this is the language setting. Once you have changed the language back to English, you should be able to navigate to the rest of the settings you need to change or find the restore option and start again.

Feb 1, 2016 3:37 AM in response to scott lorigan

Sounds like the setup program crashed and froze. Does the new remote work fine now?

Using an iPad or iPhone to control the ATV requires downloading the remote app and to link them to the unit before using them to control it. Since you were still setting up the unit they were not linked.

The old remote uses infrared signals like a TV remote which the new ATV is capable of detecting so it worked without setup.

I'm trying to set up my 4th generation Apple TV and it won't move from Spanish to English. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.