Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 6s plus will not start after charging

So I bought the iphone 6s plus during christmas.

Its was working and charging alright untill recently when i charge it overnight it goes off.

When i do the hard reset the apple logo appears for a long time till i hard reset it again then it goes off.

I do this over and over before the phone starts. Now it getting frustrating because it is happening more frequently.

Kindly assist because the phone is just a month old.

Is it the iOS because im still using the 9.1 if I should upgrade will not solve the problem?

😕😢

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.1, 128 gig

Posted on Jan 30, 2016 10:32 PM

4 replies

Feb 1, 2016 7:59 AM in response to ma_niga

Hi there!

It sounds like you are unable to get your phone to startup consistently after its been charging. I would definitely update the iOS software on the phone:

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, I would suggest backing up your phone to iTunes and then restoring it completely and testing it out as a new device:

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes

If it works correctly as a new device then I would restore from your backup and test it again. This will help us isolate the issue to either software or hardware. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, let us know how that goes!

Feb 7, 2016 1:31 PM in response to ma_niga

Thanks for the update, I apologize for the delay I was out of the office unexpectedly. That error code has its own article with troubleshooting steps for it:

If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iOS device

Try these steps to restore your iOS device:

1. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Check for updates to your Mac or PC. If you restart your computer for an update, check for updates again after you restart.
  4. Try to restore your device using another USB cable.
  5. Try to restore your device on another computer.
  6. Force your device to restart.

If you continue to see error 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you try to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, contact us.

If the issue persists there is a link to contact Apple directly for additional assistance. Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, all the best!

my iphone 6s plus will not start after charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.