Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LaunchPad keeps appearing automatically?

My Mac is running El Capitan 10.11.3

Everything works fine. Out of a sudden, the LaunchPad starts to appear automatically. It appears suddenly and I press ESC or click mouse to make it go away, it will appear again after couple of seconds or sometimes longer, 10-30 seconds, or minutes. Sometimes it appears so frequent to bother my work.

My keyboard shortcut for LaunchPad is disabled, no hot corners are set for it.

I actually don't use LanuchPad at all. It's not even in my dock.

I feel really strange about this. I am thinking to re-install my Mac. But it's the last option. Anyone can help on this? (I have been using Mac for 5 years. This is the first time I see this)

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 12:50 AM

4 replies

Feb 1, 2016 8:42 AM in response to appstudio_tw

Howdy appstudio_tw,

From what I gather, Launchpad is unexpectedly opening on your iMac and it's not occuring because of a hot corners preference or keyboard shortcut.

The article linked below which provides a lot of great information that can help you isolate the issue to hardware or software and it provides a lot of great troubleshooting tips that can help you resolve the issue.

Isolating issues in Mac OS X - Apple Support

Cheers.

Feb 6, 2016 5:33 AM in response to Jason L

I re-installed my iMac with latest El Capitan. (10.11.3)

It was a clean install. The disk was formatted. Nothing but Mac OS.

I installed a few regular apps, such as Google Chrome, XCode.

For the first 5 days, it seemed very promising because the LaunchPad problem was gone and never seen again, not even once.

But today (5 days after the clean install), now it starts to happen again.

LaunchPad keeps appearing automatically?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.