Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mouse scroll speed

I am using my Mac with DatsaEase 8.2 and find that the scroll speed of the mouse is just too fast and I end up placing Fields and Objects all over the Form that I am creating. Does anyone have a way of slowing down the scroll and pointer speed speed of the mouse, please?

Dave

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), Latest Parallels and Windows 10

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 2:23 AM

11 replies

Jan 31, 2016 2:52 AM in response to seventy one

I looked at the List of possible solutions on offer below in the 'More Like This' section:

Look at Re:ML Scrolling speed (sensitivity)

This was all about the Trackpad but I am hoping that the Mouse will follow similar lines. I have reset and it appears to be working. I have a long session with DataEase 8.2 coming up this afternoon and into next week so that will tell me if it works or not.

Dave

Jan 31, 2016 3:11 AM in response to dccdaveroberts

The solution does not work!

System Preferences>Accessibility>Mouse & Trackpad>Mouse Options

I have reset the Mouse Options to as slow as impossible and selected to Remove Inertia.

The Inertia Setting works but the scrolling is still way too fast. I need to slow this right down to make is useful for working with Developing/Designing Forms and placing Fields and Field Objects within the Form rather than scrolling through thousands of entries as it appears to be set for at present.

I am left with using the Top and Bottom Arrowheads on the Scroll Bars to move Up/Down the form at present.

I have asked the same Question in the DataEase Forum too just in case it can be slowed down within DataEase 8.2

Dave

Jan 31, 2016 3:25 AM in response to dccdaveroberts

I am inclined to agree with the link you selected.. Set mouse scroll to slowest possible, remove inertia option. Do you check intermediate settings as you go. Once I am in systems prefs > mouse, as I move the scrolling speed slider I test the results as I go along ... and it is clearly working. I guess the question may be "How slow is slow"?

Jan 31, 2016 3:33 AM in response to seventy one

You are quite right when you say 'How slow is Slow?". I suspect that the scroll speed is set to scan through thousands of records rather than work within the confines of a Screen Size Form during Development. Perhaps we need to boot this one upstairs and ask if it is possible to have a separate set of speed controls ,in addition to those that already exist, that just work within the confines of the Screen. Something like 'Micro-Adjustments' compared with the 'normal' settings?

Dave

Jan 31, 2016 3:47 AM in response to dccdaveroberts

Dave,

I think you should await developments with your enquiry to DataEase forum, just in case. You might also enquire what mice other people are using. If you need to advise Apple of a requirement you should write to Apple Product Feedback. Here is a link.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/magicmouse.html

You may not get a reply but we are assured that all feedback is read.

Feb 5, 2016 11:39 PM in response to seventy one

Good Morning Everyone,

Here is a useful update to this problem for you all. I have asked Apple for a possible upgrade to the Mouse/Tracker Settings to give 'Micro-Movements to these devices but in the meantime, these will help reduce the movements and sensitivity

As mentioned earlier, DataEase 8.2 runs with no apparent problems on a Mac running OXS 10.11.3 - El Capitain. Access to Windows programs is provided through a piece of software called Parallels - my version is 11.1.2. Both the Mac OS and Parallels have adjustments to control the speed of Scroll and of the Mouse Pointer:

On the Mac it is:

System Preferences>Accessability>Mouse and Trackpad>Mouse Options:

Set Scroll Speed to Minimum and Remove the Inertia Settings for Scrolling.

Also change the settings for the Mouse itself:

System Preferences>Mouse:

Set Tracking Speed to Slow

Parallels also has a two-step setting. It creates a Virtual Machine on the Mac Drive. In this case for Windows 10.2.Use the Virtual Machine Settings>Hardware>Mouse & Keyboard:

Set Mouse to: Auto-Detect for Games, Check Enable Smooth Scrolling. DO NOT CLOSE THIS WINDOW.

Go into the Windows Control Panel>Mouse Properties>Pointer Options:

Set Motion to Slow and APPLY Setting Changes.

It does work and makes the Mouse more controllable within the confines of a Screen Form when Designing but I intend to kick this one upstairs to Apple to see if it is possible to really slow the Mouse Scroll and pointer Speeds right down by having another Setting added to permit really slow, precise Mouse/Tablet movements.

I hope this will help others for now.

Kind Regards.

Dave Roberts

mac mouse scroll speed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.