Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10: Speed editor for titles

Hello to all,

does anybody know if there is a way in iMovie 10.1.1 to edit the speed of titles (scrolling credits in my specific case)?

I know that extending the duration of the titles adjusts automatically the speed but I am trying to find a better solution: i need a real speed editor.

Thanks in advance for any hint on this

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), null

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 6:27 AM

No. Only way is by adjusting the duration of the title. What are you trying to do?

Geoff.

7 replies

Jan 31, 2016 6:21 AM in response to GeeD

Hello GeeD,

thanks for your reply. I am trying to balance a video with scrolling titles of different type at its end. I use a combination of scrolling titles, zoom titles, and again scrolling titles. Since I found it difficult to find an equilibrium by operating on the extension of the duration of the title, and since the speed editor for the clip works well, I was wondering if there was something similar.

I guess I will experiment further with the adjusting the length solution 🙂

Jan 31, 2016 2:48 PM in response to Rich839

Just thought of the idea after reading your post and realising that the title would have already to be over the desired clips and any editing would affect both title and clip. Tried it out and as you found, it works OK. If the title is green use blue screen instead. Modified titles can be saved as clips in events and reused.

Geoff.

iMovie 10: Speed editor for titles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.