Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud bookmark sync problem...

My bookmark is synced between 2 MacBooks and 2 iPhones (1 of which is used only via wifi)

Recently bookmark is not syncing correctly with no apparent reason.

Symptom:

1. One of the items form the 'favourites bar' - let's call it "Site X" - changes its position to become the first one, +1

2. "Site X" cannot be deleted or modified anyway.

3. I have tried to delete bookmark.plist from the Library folder and then sync. The result is that only "Site X" remains on the bookmark bar.

4. Only after doing this, you can delete or modify "Site X" - but this dose not sync across devices.

5. Reading List and other items on the bookmark folder cannot be added or deleted. They do not sync either.

6. All the other iCloud products works well. This even includes Handoff of Safari between devices.

I do not mind total deletion of the existing bookmarks but want to recover the ability of the syncing between devices.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2016 7:28 AM

I have the same problem. I can not organize or delete the bookmark on the MacBook Air '11 (OS X 10.11.3) & iPhone 5s (iOS 9.2.1). On iPhone 4 (iOS 7.1.2) everything works well. Called the support, they said wait should soon correct.

1 reply

iCloud bookmark sync problem...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.