Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s battery expanding. Entire back of phone dislodged and seem is broken

this iPhone is PRISTINE. I know people say all the time "it's never even been dropped" or "I don't take it out of its case" even better"use a charger that is not supplied by Apple?! NEVER!!" But let me tell you...I CAN SAY IN ALL HONESTY THAT THE PREVIOUS STATEMENTS ARE TRUE IN MY CASE!!

i Purchased the 4s in Jan 2012 brand new from Telus. Purchased AppleCare as well. Waste of money, it ran concurrent to my FREE one year of supplied Apple warranty.

THis his phone stayed in an otter box from basically day one. I purchased a less expensive case to begin with but shortly after moved to the otter as I had a toddler at the time.

NEVER DROPPED! It's insane how new this looks,

what im getting at it is I did my job. I used all apple products. Protected it with a surge proof plug

otter box case 24/7

no water...not even in the bathroom while showering!!

i held up my end. Now it's your turn.

SO WHY CAN APPLE NOT HELP ME WITHTHIS ISSUE?! I was told that this is a common thing and that Apple DESIGNED IT this way?! Why now am I stuck with a useless un-reparable phone after the care and attention I took to ensure its long life?!

IF I designed something to do damage to my product I'd be sure to have replacements FREE OF CHARGE for the unlucky soul who encountered my disastrous design. I wouldn't charge this paying consumer an added fee for my flaw Like apple has done to. me. And not only did they want to have me pay $100 to replace my phone, they told me batteries are $99 when your website says all batteries for all models are $79. WHAT THE ****!?!?

now the juicy part. This exact issue happened to my father a little over a year ago, Apple so kindly sent him a iPhone 5...FOR HIS 3GS!! Tell me the logic in why I am being over charged for something I did not cause, and was scared ******** of?! I have literally purchased every Apple product you can have. I am typing this on my iPad Air. Which just might be up for grabs when I switch my whole family to android, then tell my friends and family about this disaster and the lack of customer care received.

I Am now Without a phone. But I can assure you that if this is not fixed in a timely manner at no charge to me I will sell my Apple products And purchase my daughter safer company backed products by Samsung or Windows. I won't have my family use a product that gets so hot it burns to touch it. That thephone seam melts. That even the maker will not back It's design.

Hope to to hear from you soon... I need a phone asap. I am a pay as you go customer and i have already lost minutes and data because of the horrible customer care I received. PLEASE HELP!!

THank you

meghan

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 6:12 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone 4s battery expanding. Entire back of phone dislodged and seem is broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.