Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad wont turn on i tried pressing the on and off button and tried charging and tried holding the on/off button it still wont work.😢

Please help me my ipad wont turn on at all.😟

iPad Mini, iOS 9.2, The screen is black.

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 11:04 AM

Holding down on the power button (on/off button as you are calling it) is not the same thing as trying a forced restart. Have you tried that?

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Try the troubleshooting steps in this support article and if nothing here works, see the link about contacting Apple Support.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or won't turn on - Apple Support

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2016 11:04 AM in response to danalija

Holding down on the power button (on/off button as you are calling it) is not the same thing as trying a forced restart. Have you tried that?

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Try the troubleshooting steps in this support article and if nothing here works, see the link about contacting Apple Support.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or won't turn on - Apple Support

My ipad wont turn on i tried pressing the on and off button and tried charging and tried holding the on/off button it still wont work.😢

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.