Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDrive downloads

Hey 🙂 I am trying to move all my iCloud drive contents to another cloud service. First I have to download my data to external USB drive. It appears the only way to do this is file by file, burrowing down through all my folders until I have copied every file manually.!!!! OK, I can select all files within one folder but not the whole drive. When I use the Finder icloud drive service it refuses to copy large amounts of data to my external drive. Any comments on quick way of copying iCloud drive contents?? John

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), 8GB RAM 128 SSD

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 12:59 PM

If you have iCloud Drive turned on in your Mac, there is already a local copy on your Mac of all of the contents of iCloud Drive. You can access it via Finder via the Finder Go menu > iCloud Drive. You can copy/move from there the same way as any other folder on your Mac.

5 replies

Feb 4, 2016 1:55 PM in response to DATASULLutions Ltd

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library/Mobile Documents and copy that folder to the external.

iDrive downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.