Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot connect to websites using safari although my wife who uses the imac and has a separate login id can?

When I open Safari from the dock it shows as usual, but when I try to connect to it to search websites it does not respond. cannot get it to show its preferences etc. either. My wife also uses the Imac and has a separate login ID and its works fine for her. Was working ok up until the weekend. Any ideas how to resolve? Have tried installing latest version of OS X but to no avail.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 11:36 AM

What version of OS X is installed, your profile indicates 10.7 but I suspect that is not correct.

4 replies

Feb 4, 2016 2:44 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks very much for your response. Did try it but to no avail. Also tried clearing out quite a few of my files etc. but this didn't work either. I then restarted the iMac in Safe Mode which did work however I then was locked out of viewing my System Preferences. Contacted Apple Support and it turned out that it was a User specific problem as my wife's account was fine. Connected to Apple Support via remote access where they could see my screen in view mode only. An Advisor told me which files to delete etc. as there were many I did not need and they were slowing the iMac down. This solved the problem and my account is now operating perfectly.

Thanks again for your response, it is something I will maintain in the future.

cannot connect to websites using safari although my wife who uses the imac and has a separate login id can?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.