Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone and macbook pro were remotely hacked?

WHat should I do now? I am a US citizen who is residing in a US friendly eastern european country. Files were downloaded from my macbook pro and iphone 6+. I lost control of both products at the same time and watched as I tried to stop downloads or turn off the hardware. All were unsucessfuly. The hackers continued to play music even after I tried to power off both products. I tried to call the police but i wohld only be able to beging to type 2 digits before the numbers were deleted and I was taken to my home menu. I could literally watch someone control my devices in front of my eyes. I suspect it was hack from a security firm because I began to unhook my equipment and relocate into the city in a quick mannor. I noticed there were 4 men wearing the same shirts and insignia of a private security located here which is a smaller branch of an Austrian company. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also I am a US citizen and know this firm has connections to the US embassy located here. What are my options?

iPhone 6 Plus, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 1:10 PM

16 replies

Jan 1, 2018 11:38 PM in response to Japib

James,

I have a simple recommendation for you. I’d like you to go to Google and type two words in the text field. Then press the return key. Type, “Pegasus Apple”. Then read, if you can. iPhones have been remotely jail broken. I’ve had a similar experience of remote hacking and in those 6 months of dealing with highly sophisticated hackers I lost 100 pounds bc of stress. Feedback that is insulting, not to mention pointless is irritating and makes things even worse. Educate yourself before you claim fiction. You haven’t got a clue when it comes to cyber crimes.

Jan 2, 2018 8:28 AM in response to Comet.24206

Comet.24206 wrote:

Apple cannot deny the fact that iPhones have been remotely jail broken. Google “Pegasus Apple” If it makes you feel better, I witnessed devices..notebooks,laptops, and cell phones do the exact things that you saw and then some.

Please provide links to the "official" statements you say that Apple has made about this.

Jan 2, 2018 9:11 AM in response to Comet.24206

Comet.24206 wrote:

Do your own research. Literally Google “Pegasus Apple“. I meant to say iPad Pro. If you don’t believe me, I couldn’t care less. I’ve got nothing to prove. Why did you not just Google 2 words and spend 10 minutes reading the top sites as opposed to requesting that I do you a favor...in a nasty tone?

I did that. I can't find anything official from Apple. So, I remain unconvinced of the veracity of your claim. The vulnerability was patched about a year and a half ago.

Nasty tone? "Please provide links...." is nasty?

Feb 13, 2016 9:32 PM in response to pancamp

I believe you. I was staying in Anchorage Alaska, for a few days the week before this last Christmas. I was staying in the Captain Cook Hotel. Someone hacked my iphone remotely two nights in a row. I make a habit of closing all my open apps several times a day and before I go to bed. I got up the first morning and noticed that every one of my Apple apps were open. I did a lot of shopping and running around Anchorage that next day, using my usual practice of closing running apps, but nothing seemed amiss. The next night before bed, I closed all my running apps again before bed. I got up the next morning and all the Apple apps were open again. I don't keep anything important on my iphone, so I don't think it hurt anything. It might have just been a harmless a prank, but I started turning my iphone off at night while in Anchorage. I have an iphone 6 that has never been jailbroken and at the time it was running iOS 9.1. I've upgraded to iOS 9.2 since then.

My iphone and macbook pro were remotely hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.