Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Super drive not working after updating to Mavericks 10.9.5

My super drive stopped working in my Mac Pro after updating to 10.9.5

Help?

thanks

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 9:33 AM

Does it load CDs or DVDs? Loads disks, but you can't see them? More information would help. If it is loading, but you can't see it, try Finder/Preferences/General and set it to show on the Desktop. In Preferences/Sidebar, you can check it there also.

CD/DVD Loading Problems

CD/DVD Drive - Troubleshooting See troubleshooting section.

CD/DVD Drive - Troubleshooting (2)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2016 9:33 AM in response to guyslogic

Does it load CDs or DVDs? Loads disks, but you can't see them? More information would help. If it is loading, but you can't see it, try Finder/Preferences/General and set it to show on the Desktop. In Preferences/Sidebar, you can check it there also.

CD/DVD Loading Problems

CD/DVD Drive - Troubleshooting See troubleshooting section.

CD/DVD Drive - Troubleshooting (2)

Feb 1, 2016 6:07 PM in response to Eric Root

Hey Eric,

Since my last entry I went out and bought a CD/DVD cleaner disc. It did nothing in the computer in question. I put it in a different Mac pro and it worked perfectly. I heard the drive spinning up and doing it's thing and the CD talked to me and played music while giving me instructions in cleaning the drive.

So it seems my drive in the in question Mac Pro is just not working period.This did happen to be in conjunction with my update to 10.9.5.

Thanks again.

guy

Super drive not working after updating to Mavericks 10.9.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.