Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I backup a cloud only playlist?

I'm using the newest version of windows on my pc, itunes, and ios on my iphone. My question is how do I backup a playlist of songs that is pulled entirely from apple music? For example, lets say I create a playlist entitled "Soundgarden," and then I navigate to apple music and add one of their albums to the playlist but do not download the songs to my computer. I want the songs to stay in the apple music cloud so they don't take up hard drive space. So just to test this out, I exported that playlist as a .txt file through itunes as I would if I were trying to save a regular playlist. Then I deleted the playlist and tried to import from the saved file and the playlist was empty. So if I lose my computer or if the playlists accidentally get deleted (it's happened before) then I have lost all of them. I know I can export a playlist of downloaded songs and import it just fine but how to do it with a playlist of cloud songs?

iPhone 6s Plus, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 3:13 PM

There are no replies.

How do I backup a cloud only playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.