Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The contents of my Windows Outlook calendar and contacts do not sync with my 2 devices

I've been synching without significant issues for years. I got a new Windows laptop and now have a big problem. All of my Outlook calendar data has been wiped off of my iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 3; the ony data on the devices are the default US holidays. Similarly my Outlook contact data is gone; there are 3 contacts on my devices that I added after my last sync on my old laptop and prior to my first sync on the new laptop.

To no avail in ITunes I've reset the Sync History on the Device Settings Preferences as suggested on the doc below, as well as, selected the Advanced options to replace the Contact and Calendars info on the device.

If you can't sync contacts and calendars using iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

FYI, iTunes shows my Apps, Music,Playlists, etc. just fine. Both the calendar and the contacts are part of my local Outlook 2016 (no Exchange, no iCloud). My old laptop is still running and I have the option of syncing to it to see if I can get my data back on my devices, which would be nice, but I'm not sure how/if the would help with the sync problem on the new laptop.

Any help would be appreciated. In the meantime I'm going to uninstall/reintall iTunes on my new laptop and try again.

iTunes for Windows-OTHER, iOS 9.2.1, iPhone 6, iPad Mini 3

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2016 11:58 PM

I wish I could help but I have a similar problem. Since I installed Outlook 2016 I can no longer sync contacts with any of my iOS devices via iTunes. I've got the latest version of iTunes (12.3.2) for Windows.

For all my iOS devices, under Sync Calendars, it says "Microsoft Outlook must be installed in order to sync calendars". Clearly iTunes does not recognise Outlook 2016.

In Advanced settings, if I check "Contacts" under "Replace information on this <iOS device>" and then sync, nothing happens. The changes are not copied across to any of my devices.

iPad 3, iPod 5, iOS 9.2.1, Windows 10 Pro, Outlook 2016

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2016 11:58 PM in response to Rhoda17

I wish I could help but I have a similar problem. Since I installed Outlook 2016 I can no longer sync contacts with any of my iOS devices via iTunes. I've got the latest version of iTunes (12.3.2) for Windows.

For all my iOS devices, under Sync Calendars, it says "Microsoft Outlook must be installed in order to sync calendars". Clearly iTunes does not recognise Outlook 2016.

In Advanced settings, if I check "Contacts" under "Replace information on this <iOS device>" and then sync, nothing happens. The changes are not copied across to any of my devices.

iPad 3, iPod 5, iOS 9.2.1, Windows 10 Pro, Outlook 2016

The contents of my Windows Outlook calendar and contacts do not sync with my 2 devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.