Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud Calendar : NO in-app notification

Dear all,

Here is my problem.

I use a @me.com account since a very long time and i notice that, when someone send me an invitation to my @me.com adress, i never received an in-app notification (on my iphone or my MacBook Pro, neither on icloud.com). I only received an e-mail notification.

I search everywhere on several websites and, in spite of my searches, i never found a reel solution to my problem.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 2:33 PM

11 replies

Feb 2, 2016 4:32 PM in response to Arozoir

Arozoir wrote:

Hello Zinacef,

I know that this is a real problem but maybe this issue has been solved in 2K15 🙂

I check your link but i'm not sure this is my problem : i don't have problem to send invitation to others and I only use a icloud account.

I'm sorry the links I provided no reference points for you. I tried to create your issue, i.e. send an invite to my @me email address (from a @hotmail email address) and I was able to see the email. The email had an option where I could click on the date/time to add it to my Calendar, and seeing as I have 'Events Found In Mail' activated in my Calendar preferences, I also saw a banner across the email to add it to Calendar as well.

Your issue may be individual. Have you tried reaching out to the iCloud Support Team?

Feb 4, 2016 11:26 AM in response to zinacef

In fact, what you discribe is my problem : i only receive an e-mail with a ICS document but i don't receive a notification in the app (icloud, ical or iphone calendar) and this is what i would like to solve.

The limit of the e-mail process is that the calendar invitation can be lost in the flow of e-mail. with the in-app notification, you can check immediatly the invitation, modification and respond to it directly in the calendar application.

I reached the apple care team but i didn't reach the iCloud Support Team (i'm not sure we have this team in France).

By the way, with your test to create the issue, you received the e-mail but have you received a notification in the app (icloud, ical or iphone calendar) ?

Feb 4, 2016 11:56 AM in response to Arozoir

I have a similar issue. When I create events and invite people, I don't receive any notification of their reply on my iOS devices, but I do get badge notifications on my Macbook pro. My iCloud.com calendar preferences is set correctly for in-app. What make this a bit more crazy is if someone declines the event I get a notification on the iOS devices - that's because I have that preference set in Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Show Invitee Declines.

And yes I have all the settings for notifications set in the iOS devices Notifications->Calendar so badges, sounds, banner are set. I did submit a bug report to Apple.

Feb 5, 2016 6:39 PM in response to Arozoir

Arozoir wrote:

By the way, with your test to create the issue, you received the e-mail but have you received a notification in the app (icloud, ical or iphone calendar) ?

Actually in my test, I received the badge notification on my Calendar but no email. Here's how - from wife's iCloud account > sent test invite from her Calendar to me > got badge notification on my Calendar though no email.

Feb 6, 2016 4:43 AM in response to zinacef

zinacef wrote:

Arozoir wrote:

Actually in my test, I received the badge notification on my Calendar but no email. Here's how - from wife's iCloud account > sent test invite from her Calendar to me > got badge notification on my Calendar though no email.

In my case I'm having issues with non-cloud to my iCloud calendar. All works be the iOS notifications

Feb 7, 2016 9:30 AM in response to Arozoir

Arozoir wrote:

@zinacef : to be honest, this is what i would like to have (a notification in the app and no e-mail notification)

Arozoir

I was able to reproduce your issue, i.e. non-iCloud account (from Outlook calendar) invite to my iCloud calendar, and can confirm that I only received a mail invite rather an invite directly in my Calendar. I believe this is a bug on Apple's side.

Here's a similar post describing the issue in a bit greater detail -- Warning: iCloud Calendar invitations have unpredictable behaviors

The most you can do, at this point, in my opinion would be to let Apple know either by a telephone call to their Support line or via their feedback site.

Icloud Calendar : NO in-app notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.