Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Use Keyboard To Get Past Lockscreen - Windows 10

HI! I recently installed Windows 10 on my MacBook Pro. After the installation of Windows 10 succeeded, I installed the Boot Camp 6 drivers successfully. Everything is working perfectly, except for one minor issue.

When you are logged into Windows, you have the ability to lock your computer, either by going to the Start menu, or by hitting Windows/Command+L. I like to do this to keep my personal information safe while I am I away from my computer for any unspecified amount of time.

When I hit Command+L to lock my computer, I should be able to hit a key on the keyboard (such as the spacebar) to get past the lock screen to the sign-in screen. And I can - for about 30 seconds. After 30 seconds or so, the screen on my computer will turn of, and when I move the mouse to turn the screen back on, I cannot use any key on the keyboard to get past the lock screen. Tap-to-click doesn't work outside of the Windows desktop, and my trackpad can't detect physical clicks, so I end up having to plug in a USB mouse (for literally 2 seconds) just to get past the lock screen. After I get past the lock screen to the sign-in screen, I can enter my PIN just fine, every single time. This is an ussie that I can consistently reproduce, 100% of the time.

Please help. Thanks everyone!

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), 13-inch, mid 2009

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 4:15 PM

1 reply

Cannot Use Keyboard To Get Past Lockscreen - Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.