Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low Bluetooth Volume following El Capitan update

Following El Capitan upgrade, bluetooth speaker (Bose Soundlink Color) no longer plays at max volume. Used to be able to increase volume on the speaker separately so even at the lowest laptop volume level, it sounded plenty loud. Now, the volume levels are synced up, really restraining the speaker. Anyone else having this problem? My brother also has the same MBP on Yosemite and same speaker, and his still works fine, so it's definitely not my imagination.

I've tried to look into the Audio Midi Setup from suggestions ~2012, doesn't address my problem. No issues in Bluetooth connectivity, just this maddening, limited volume. Would prefer to not have to downgrade back to Yosemite to fix this. Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 5:52 PM

4 replies

Feb 5, 2016 10:06 AM in response to c.a.tran

c.a.tran wrote:

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I'm positive it has nothing to do with Bose, as this only occurred after the El Capitan upgrade. My brother also has MBP running on Yosemite, and when it connects to my speaker, it will play normally.

You're correct that it really has nothing to do with Bose per se. There are numerous reports of various audio devices that either stopped working altogether with OSX 10.11.x or don't function the way they did. I think all you can do is wait for a new update from Apple or roll back to OSX 10.10.x.

Low Bluetooth Volume following El Capitan update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.