Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I email a photo received in a text message on a 6s?

My wife sends me a text message with 3 photos. How do I email(forward) these photos without saving each one individually? I can save one photo and go back to the message and save the next photo, but what a pain. After touching the photo about 10 times I can select More and highlight the bubble next to photos and press the arrow in the lower corner. I can enter an email address and hit send. The phone acts likes its sending but it doesn't. I have verified the address by sending text in email just fine.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 6:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 6:35 AM

Hi lakefever,

The forward option in Messages is to forward a text message. You can't email a text message. If you have saved the photos, you can open the Mail application, create an email, and attach any of the photos or videos that are in your Photos library.

Other ways to share photos and videos

Take care,

3 replies

Feb 4, 2016 11:10 AM in response to lakefever

Hi lakefever,

There is a bit of a learning curve when you are switching technologies, no doubt. The Online Support Communities is a great way to engage and learn from other users, so keep coming back here if you can't find the information you are looking for. I'll include a few more resources below to get you started on your way :)

iPhone User Guide for iOS 9

iPhone Tips and Tricks

Photos

iCloud Photo Library

iCloud Photo Library FAQ​

Using the new Music app​

Enjoy!

Feb 3, 2016 9:23 PM in response to judysings

Thank you for the reply and information. I was hoping for a way to forward/copy-paste more than one photo at a time or saving each one individually and then sending. From your information and what I have not been able to accomplish, I have come to terms that it just isn't possible with the iPhone. Coming to Apple from android has been a learning experience. I had a lot of questions about android too in the beginning with it. Help from others taught me a lot about android. So your help is really useful. And thank you again.

How do I email a photo received in a text message on a 6s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.