Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Mail Folders no longer displaying

I opened my mail client tonight for the first time since taking the latest El Capitan update 10.11.3 update to find that all of my Personal mail folders, normally displayed under the On My Mac area were missing. The MBOX/s still exist under Mail / V3 / Mailboxes but I cannot 1) figure out why they have vanished and 2) have been unable to find any information on how to get them redisplayed in my Mail client. Anyone else having or have had this problem. If so do you recall how you solved it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), El Capitan updates today 1/31/16

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 6:44 PM

5 replies

Feb 13, 2016 7:40 AM in response to Eric Root

Sorry for the delayed response... I finally got back to my machine and tried your suggestion. That worked the FIrst time. I followed the process moved the mbox to the desktop performed the import function and the mbox on the desktop was importing to a folder called IMPORT. I then pulled the next mbox for import to the desktop. Again i followed the process this time the message came back that the mbox being imported would be placed in a folder called IMPORT - 2. This time Import - 2 was never created thus the mbox on the desktop was not imported back into my "on my Mac" mail folder". I tried again and this time it said Import - 3 would be created but nothing. I then moved my imported mailbox out of IMPORT deleted IMPORT and tried again this mite it said it would be imported to the IMPORT folder but again nothing happened. I then logged off and back on thinking something may get reset but the results were the same, nothing is importing. Any IDEAS.

Feb 13, 2016 12:46 PM in response to smurt2

If the problem is still there, try booting into the Safe Mode using your normal account. Disconnect all peripherals except those needed for the test. Shut down the computer and then power it back up after waiting 10 seconds. Immediately after hearing the startup chime, hold down the shift key and continue to hold it until the gray Apple icon and a progress bar appear. The boot up is significantly slower than normal. This will reset some caches, forces a directory check, and disables all startup and login items, among other things. When you reboot normally, the initial reboot may be slower than normal. If the system operates normally, there may be 3rd party applications which are causing a problem. Try deleting/disabling the third party applications after a restart by using the application un-installer. For each disable/delete, you will need to restart if you don't do them all at once.

Safe Mode - About El Capitan

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan.

Personal Mail Folders no longer displaying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.