Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone stuck in boot loop

I need help! So a few weeks ago my iPhone 5 died and when I plugged it in to charge it started to turn on, but then turned back off and kept repeating this process forever. I've tried everything to take it out of the boot loop but nothing has worked. When I tried restoring it on iTunes I got error 2001 and tried restoring it literally like 50 times over the past few weeks. It won't even connect to iTunes unless I go into DFU. I've downloaded all sorts of applications on my mac including tinyumbrella to try and downgrade it but it still gives me error message 2001. Also, the phone won't even turn on unless it's plugged in to the wall or the computer. This lead me to believe it was a software issue since the battery won't charge if there is no base software. Please help I've tried everything short of just buying a new phone and I really don't want to spend the money on a new one. I'm also not sure if I'm on iOS 9.1,9.2, or 9.2.1 and it is not jailbroken.

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 6:07 PM

3 replies

Feb 2, 2016 6:13 AM in response to JakeS10

Hi JakeS10,

I understand that you are trying to restore your iPhone and are unable to because of an error code. I’ve found this error code in the following article, which should help your attempts to address the issue:

Check your USB connections

Errors: 13, 14, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604, 1611, 1643-1650, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009, 4005, 4013, 4014. You might also see a message that includes "invalid response."

If the USB connection between your device and computer is interrupted, you might not be able to update or restore.

To narrow down the issue, try different equipment:

If you still see the error message, check for hardware issues.

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204770

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Iphone stuck in boot loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.