Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beat sports

I Purchased Beat Sports for my new Apple TV. It will not download completely. It downloads around 2/3 of the way and just stops.

I have deleted the app and try to re-download it around 10 Times and it keeps doing the same thing.

MY first purchased app for the new Apple TV and it won't even work. Not good.

AppleTV 2, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 9:09 PM

9 replies

Feb 5, 2016 9:41 AM in response to Protodd

Yep, so after 2 days of going back and forth with the makers of Beat Sports, they ended up saying that this is an Apple problem, not them.

So here we are a week later. Apple says its the third party. The third party says it's Apple. They're not talking with each other, just throwing me back and forth. In the mean time, Apple has no problem billing me for the purchase.

How can their sophisticated app store platform not notice that there is a problem downloading this - I find it hard to believe.

So the premiere Apple TV game app will not even download to Apple's brand new Apple TV, and nobody can do anything about it.

This sounds more like Microsoft support than Apple, but I guess it was just a matter of time until they got bloated enough and this happened.

Feb 5, 2016 10:22 AM in response to Protodd

It downloads 2/3 of the way in a couple of minutes, then it freezes, and stays frozen forever - I let it go for over 24 hours once, and still frozen.

I've gone and deleted the app from Apple TV, and tried to download again. I've done this over a dozen times. Every time it gets to 2/3 of the way downloaded, it freezes in the same spot, every single time. I have a 25 Mbps connection, so no issues there - network is fine. Everything else works fine with the Apple TV, I have downloaded many apps and can watch video, all of that.

The only issue is that Beat Sports will not download.

Feb 5, 2016 10:33 AM in response to ssdfsfdgtdhdghgfd

Maybe you need to restore your ATV device? I don't know what to tell you, it downloaded and installed as expected on my device. I have a fairly slow internet (about 15mbps) and as I mentioned it was a slow download and it even stopped to the point I thought I was reproducing your issue but then it continued and I was playing in less than 5 minutes...

Beat sports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.