Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i revert from yosemite to snow leopard on a macbook pro early 2008?

"Back in the day" I would start up from the disc I wanted to, erase and reinstall.. I try to insert the snow leopard disc but the computer ejects the disc after trying to read it for a bit. No scratches on the disc and the drive does work. That's really as far as I get. No time machine backup of an older system. I need to upgrade for sure but I need this comp to work well in the meantime and it hangs up pretty bad trying to run yosemite. Thank you for your time.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 11:54 PM

7 replies

Feb 1, 2016 6:44 AM in response to CMCSK

Thank you, I think everything is ok there. I can't believe a disc that has been in a case all this time is ruined, cleaned it anyway. Crazy idea, does yosemite disallow older discs to run? I remember having to make a startup disc out of a memory stick awhile back in order to erase and install. May have been for lion.

Feb 1, 2016 2:31 PM in response to Scot T

You know what, I read those articles and now I'm wondering if I need a battery. I purchased an aftermarket that had good reviews awhile back but it bulged and was unsafe in no time. Since then I have been without and running with just the cord. I know I can't reset the SMC per the instructions without one. But does a lack of a battery cause such problems? Have tried other discs some work some don't. Burned dvd's so far do not (nothing pirated) but an old office 2004 disc launch as well as the dvd from the truck manual. Thank you again everybody or is it Y'all.

how do i revert from yosemite to snow leopard on a macbook pro early 2008?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.