Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatically start web video at startup

In my bedroom I have an old iMac. I would like to use it as my wake-up alarm by having it starting a daily tv show. But in order to use it effectivly, the video should start playing automaticly from the website.

Luckily this show always has the latest episode available on the main website in the same position.

Can somebody help me figure out the last step of this plan?

1. Have the iMac boot up on a certain time (WORKS)

2. Open Chrome on start-up on the right website (WORKS)

3. Start the video...

In order to start the latest episode, I have to click on the video, and after the new page opens click on it again. Is there any way to automate this? For example: Is there any software available that can wait one minute after start-up, then click on a certain sport, then wait one minute and click again?

By the way, this is the website: (not sure if it works outside of The Netherlands)

http://dewerelddraaitdoor.vara.nl/

Cheers!

TofoeBob

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 11:14 AM

Hello TofoeBob,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you want to automate your iMac to startup, navigate to a web page and start a video at a certain time each day. This sounds like a task that you can use Automator to set up. Take a look at the following article to see how Automator works and how to use it and see if it fits your needs.

Mac Basics: Automator

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2016 11:14 AM in response to TofoeBob

Hello TofoeBob,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see that you want to automate your iMac to startup, navigate to a web page and start a video at a certain time each day. This sounds like a task that you can use Automator to set up. Take a look at the following article to see how Automator works and how to use it and see if it fits your needs.

Mac Basics: Automator

Best regards.

Automatically start web video at startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.