Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

replacement battery

Dear All,

Probably for more sentimental reasons than anything any thing else. I am still running a 15inch PowerBook G4. Eventually the time has come to source a new rechargeable battery (in the UK). I am looking for a A1148 10.8V LI-Ion. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, rather avoid a cheap imitation or one liable to overheat etc. Thank you. 🙂

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 7:06 AM

2 replies

Feb 1, 2016 10:18 AM in response to Jms1972

Apple have not made PowerBook batteries in a very long time so any true Apple-branded ones you find will have now been on the shelf too long.

I just checked my records: the last PBG4 battery I ordered directly from Apple was in Dec 2009 and, within a few months, they has stopped selling them. That makes any surviving stock at least six years old, and lithium-ion batteries sit unused on the shelf rather poorly.

There is a US vendor I trust that ships to the UK and has new, house-brand batteries for PowerBooks. Caveat: import fees and VAT may make their price point uncomfortable:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/BAP15AL54RS/

OWC are an established vendor with an excellent reputation for technical expertise and customer service. However, unless they have a physical UK presence, returns may be a bit dicey. You can certain e-mail them for before-the-sale support and inquire about how they handle returns should the new battery prove unsatisfactory.

replacement battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.