Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can Outlook users accept Mac calendar invites more easily?

My wife is an Outlook user and I am sending invites via Mac calendar. For Outlook generated appointments, Outlook has the ability to tentatively put a calendar invite on a calendar for the user to accept or decline. However, a Mac Calendar invite does not show up tentatively on Outlook calendar. Mac iCal invites show up as emails for the end user in Outlook

I understand that the Mac iCal event can be downloaded within Outlook to add manually to the Outlook calendar, but that is too inconsistent for the Outlook user and too many steps when you may have many appointments.

Is there a Mac plugin/add on to format iCal invites in Outlook format? Other approaches to reduce burden for Outlook user.

The other approach I have considered is to add an iCloud calendar (subscribe to it) to the Outlook user so that an invite from iCloud calendar might show up on Outlook, but I don't know whether that will add the appointment on the Outlook calendar (I think it should).

Thanks,

James

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), Mac Outlook 2013 & Windows Outlook

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 6:15 AM

There are no replies.

How can Outlook users accept Mac calendar invites more easily?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.