Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop not working

AirDrop doesn't seem to work between my MacBook Pro 13" Retina (Late 2014) and my iPhone 6s. I wanted to transfer some photos that I edited on my Mac to my iPhone and I made sure that Bluetooth and Wi-Fi were turned on, it also says Discovered by: Everyone on both sides but nothing seems to work.

I'm assuming there's something wrong with my Mac because my iPhone is able to AirDrop between other iPhones.

I don't wish to use iTunes to transfer the photos because then I'm not able to tweak or delete them from my iPhone.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 8:26 AM

5 replies

Feb 2, 2016 8:50 AM in response to danishzeerik

danishzeerik wrote:

I don't think you understand, I'm an avid AirDrop user but ever since I've upgraded to my iPhone 6s, I haven't been able to transfer photos to my Mac and vice versa. Nothing shows up. A suggestion to fix this is what I'm looking for.

Thanks

No I understand the English language pretty well.

I just provided you with Apple support article for airdrop.

A suggestion, take your phone and mac to the Apple store and have the people at the genius bar take a look at it.

AirDrop not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.