Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have been using 'iTunes Match' for 1

I have been using 'iTunes Match' for 1 & 1/2 years and not 'Apple Music' (released 6-30-15). Everything worked as planned prior to ‘Apple Music’. I could access all my iCloud Downloads on my PC, iPod & iPhone 5 (no auto-downloading).

I could only access 'iCloud purchased' songs on my iPhone when 'Apple Music' was release. They were automatically downloaded witch took up valuable memory.

All 'iCloud matched (not purchase via iTunes)' songs no longer appears in 'My Music' library, but they are now in 'All Apple Music'. If I select a song that I uploaded through 'iTunes Match' it defaults to a screen saying "start 3-month free trial for Apple Music".

All other 'iCloud uploads' (not matched or purchased) can’t be accessed anymore in 'My Music' library. I feel this is highly unfair and against the statement that "For $25/year, Apple will let you stream up to 25,000 songs from your iTunes Music library to your devices connected with your Apple ID."

My PC and iPod still work as planned only because and an ios update has not forced them to basically default to purchasing 'Apple Music'.

I would appreciate any comments.

Larry

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1, itune match

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 10:09 AM

8 replies

Feb 2, 2016 8:40 PM in response to Helga

I just found out a couple of things. Somehow with upgrade iOS 9.2 my iTunes iCloud media library was turned of on my iPhone 5s. I just turned it on and all my playlists are back. I also read in the iTunes match forum that iTunes radio is no longer available to iTunes match customers. Sad, but I can live without it.

Helga

Feb 3, 2016 7:48 PM in response to Larryneck

Try this: on your iPhone go to settings -> scroll all the way down to "music" -> click on that->scroll down to "media library" and see if "iCloud-medialibrary" is turned on. If it isn't turn it on. That's how I got all my stuff back. It took only a few minutes for the library to load.

Hope this works for you as it did for me.

Helga

I have been using 'iTunes Match' for 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.