Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

World Travel Adapter Kit recall

I have one of the affected World Travel Adapter Kits but unfortunately the 'Customers who purchased a World Travel Adapter Kit should use one of the options above to exchange their affected parts.' does not apply to danish costumers if one asks the danish Apple support? How can this be true? I bought my WTA Kitt in Denmark but can't get the affected parts replaced. The reason I got was that they would only replace the european dockhead (really not why I bought a travel kit)?!?

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 11:08 AM

1 reply

Feb 8, 2016 12:17 AM in response to SamDanx2

This seems to be a fairly incompetent recall by Apple. As proposed on the website I booked a session at my nearest Genius Bar. It was on their system for a week and it involved a two hour round trip to get there. I was not pleased when they only replaced the European plug and told me to contact Apple Care to replace the rest. Had they indicated that in the first place it would have saved me making the journey in the first place.

Next I tried to contact Apple Care which seems to be exceedingly difficult unless it's for a main product with a seria number. Finally I ended up talking to one of their guys who ultimately put me on hold. He'd taken my number but after the line went dead he didn't call back. I can see an incident ticket was raised but it says nothing and I don't know if it's being progressed or not.

Looks like a visit to the local hardware store to buy a multi-adapter as Apple cannot be trusted to resolve this.

World Travel Adapter Kit recall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.