Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App no longer connects to the internet.

I've been having a problem for two weeks where the app Brave Frontier loses connection to the internet. It requires a download off the app store, then it requires an additional installation. 14% into the download (varying occasionally, but very rarely going above 14%) it stops, and claims that 'A connection error has occured.'. Brave Frontier was the only app I had this problem on for over a week, and then later Hero Buster, another app, had a similar problem. My other game apps (Puzzle and Dragons and Dungeon Boss, for instance) work perfectly fine. I never have internet problems on anything else.

The strangest part of this is that Brave Frontier actually did successfully install the first time I downloaded it. I later had to delete it because of another issue, but when I tried to redownload it, it stopped installing properly. I've searched to see if anyone else has had this problem, and I couldn't find anything remotely recent. The app itself doesn't seem to be to blame, since none of the dedicated forums to the game discuss this issue.

I've attempted the following to try to get it to work:

- Deleted and reinstalled the app.

- Restarted my iPod.

- Ensured the date/time information is synced.

- Modified my DNS server.

- Reset my network settings.

The only other suggestion that I've found is a full factory reset, but I can't do that without losing my data on my other apps, since for some reason iTunes doesn't seem to be making backups of my iPod properly (though that is a question for another time). Is there anything else that I might be able to do to try to get these apps to work?

I am using an iPod Touch 6th generation with iOS 9.2.1 (this problem occurred both before and after upgrading).

iPod touch, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 5:26 PM

Have you powered off and then back on your router?

Does this happen with all networks?

Likely just a problem with servers/general internet connection which y can do nothing

2 replies

Feb 1, 2016 9:20 PM in response to lllaass

Thank you!

I have reset my router, and that has not solved the problem as of yet. I'm going to try another network tomorrow if I can, because I haven't had the opportunity to test any other networks.

I'm not entirely sure how to go about solving this problem if another network doesn't work too, since again, I haven't found anyone else having this problem. Either way, I appreciate the help and input!

App no longer connects to the internet.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.