Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Extreme Timed Access Control is not working

We previously had an older model AirPort Extreme (flat rectangular box) where we had configured Timed Access based on MAC address for a Windows laptop as well as an iPad and iPod and it was working correctly. We upgraded a few months ago to a newer AirPort Extreme (tall rectangular cylinder). I am running version 7.7.3. I added in all the MAC addresses and timed access configuration from our old AirPort to the new one but the Timed Access is not working. I can connect our WiFi from any of the defined devices and have full access to the internet even when its a time that is not defined under Timed Access Control.

I have searched the support communities and cannot find anything for when it doesn't work.

AirPort Extreme-OTHER

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 12:29 PM

2 replies

Feb 4, 2016 8:27 AM in response to LaPastenague

As I said we had an older Airport Extreme and purchased a new one. I had forgotten that we had "bridged" the older AirPort to extend our WIFI network. Doing this seemed to remove the ability to do Timed Access to the WIFI network even though I had configured the MAC addresses identically on both AirPort configurations. When I removed/unplugged the second bridged Airport, the Timed access worked correctly.

AirPort Extreme Timed Access Control is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.