Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clicking "Settings" on a channel strip causes Logic 10.2.1 to crash. Every time. New Project, Old Project, Whatever.

So, I've had a number of issues since upgrading to 10.2.1 All of which are so much more annoying than previous bugs.

In the past, if there was a bug it may cause a funny little thing to happen. Now with the update if i find a bug, it's not a small thing, the entire app will crash and I'll have to re-open.

Talk about a hassle.

Biggest hassle is that on Midi or Audio Channels, If i click on "Setting" above the EQ and Compressor visualizer, The spinning ball of colorful death appears and i must force quit.

Happens in projects i created before the update and in new projects. I've updated all of my 3rd part plug ins (I just use Melodyne 4 and Komplete Ultimate 10)

Logic Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 12:05 PM

9 replies

Feb 20, 2016 2:42 PM in response to kbthedrummer

Use your backups to retrieve an older version..... With a Time Machine backup, its very simple to do so....

No backups? Then you cannot roll back as you cannot legally obtain an older version of Logic from Apple, once a new update is released.... so lesson learned, i hope... (Start making backups now for future use) and therefore, you will simply have to uninstall Melodyne until such time as the problem is fixed/resolved.

Feb 20, 2016 3:39 PM in response to kbthedrummer

Just open the backup in Finder... and drag the older version to your desktop for example..

Now delete the newer version from your applications folder and move the one from your desktop over to your applications folder...

if you then run Logic and find you are still running the newer version you have either;

1) Not moved an older version over from your backups..... Check to make sure the backup you are accessing and the date/time of the folder within the backup .. is prior to the last update.. Here is the path on my own testbed mac where the backups are stored on a HD named Glyph2TB

User uploaded file

or..

2) You have another copy of the LPX app on your system.. and its that you are somehow accessing.... maybe via a dock icon rather than directly friom the Applications folder.

Clicking "Settings" on a channel strip causes Logic 10.2.1 to crash. Every time. New Project, Old Project, Whatever.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.