Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunderbird email drafts saving to Mail 'draft' folder

For my money, the current version of Mail is the worst ever. I've had too many problems to list here but, today, a new one reared its ugly head. Replying to an email link, Thunderbird opened instead of my default Apple Mail. Since it was too much of a hassle to write down the email address and type into the Mail window I went ahead and composed my email. During the process, I was informed that Thunderbird was unable to save it to my draft folder. Was I worried? No! Later, however, when I went into Apple Mail two drafts of the email I sent in Thunderbird were in the Mail 'drafts' folder. Can anyone explain?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 12:22 PM

2 replies

Feb 1, 2016 1:15 PM in response to JohnGlasgow

Hmmm, no I can't, but not on 10.8 at the moment.

Are you saying in Mail>Preferences>General that TBird is not set as default?

In TBird do you have a drafts folder & if so what is in it?

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/randomNum&Letters.default/Mail/ Local Folders/Drafts

Whgo's the provider, the part after the @ sign?

Thunderbird email drafts saving to Mail 'draft' folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.