Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printer went off line when installed new wireless router

I have a MACBOOK PRO 15 in Snow Leopard 10.6.8 with a Canon MX430 printer wireless...installed new router and printer went OFF LINE...I am at a loss. I have been reading but the information is daunting with so much that I do not actually understand. Was hoping that maybe could find someone who could narrow the instructions down....now I can't print them out even so I can read them as I try and do it...I can ill afford an IT person. Thanks in advance, Joan

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 3:04 PM

2 replies

Feb 1, 2016 5:51 PM in response to rvcjoan

Shut off printer. Repair permissions, restart and turn on the printer.

Read the troubleshooting section of your printer manual.

Go to Canon Support and research your issue on their support site.

Check Software Update for updated printer drivers or go to - Printer and scanner software available for download for your Mac - Apple Support website.

Try installing the GIMP drivers which helps with printing issues - GIMP

User uploaded file

Feb 1, 2016 6:41 PM in response to rvcjoan

You simply need to join the printer to your new wireless network. Before you start, you need to know the network name (SSID) and password for your WiFi network. Then, follow these instructions from Canon:

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/1/0300007101/01/MX430_NonPC_EN.pdf

Your printer may then just begin printing again. If not, open "System Preferences" > "Printers & Scanners". then click the "+" under the left sidebar and your printer should be listed, you can then select and add it. The Mac OS will then download any required drivers.

printer went off line when installed new wireless router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.