Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I subscribed to iTunes match because I saw: "up to 100,000 songs, and I have 53,000 songs, why do I only have access to 19,000 songs with iTunes match.

My computer is authorized and I left it turned on for the uploading for a week in a row. Somebody can help?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 2:36 PM

11 replies

Feb 2, 2016 11:40 AM in response to eric_chet

When I originally signed up with a limit that was 25% of the current limit it took about a week to get not quite 1/2 my 21,000 tracks. At that point nothing seemed to be happening so I rebooted and got all but about 300 tracks. Many of those 300 tracks were old rips and weren’t high enough quality for IM to mess with. I selected each one and had iTunes re-rip them with a higher bit rate and eventually those were also matched. So to get about 21,000 tracks took a bit more than 2 weeks, a couple reboots, and some massaging of tunes.

When Apple increased the limit I rejoined my two catalogs (I separated popular music and my favorite jazz/big band from the rest) giving me not quite 60,000 tracks. Once again it synced a large group and stalled…rinse and repeat…I now have everything synced but I now am in the process of verifying that iTunes actually properly matched. Originally I had a largish number of tracks that IM fumbled on. In some cases clean versions were subbed for not clean, sometimes it was the reverse. And then there were the huge flubs like 1/2 a CD of 60s folk getting matched with hip hop. Not a happy surprise😁

Apr 30, 2016 4:53 PM in response to dwb

Interesting

I actually deleted stuff from the cloud that I currently wasn't listening to to keep the Match limit under 25K .

Now that's it's increased is there a way to get the songs back up? They currently have the cloud with the X in it to signify it's removal from the cloud/match/library.

May 6, 2016 2:22 PM in response to MTSludgepump

MTSludgepump wrote:

Sorry, this post was supposed to reply to the ANSWER to eric-chet's question... not reply to his original post...

Sorry, I don't understand your problem! Eric-Chet was the original poster - my reply to Bobsax solved his problem and this prompted Bobsax to start a new thread which has been responded to by another contributor.

Jim

May 6, 2016 2:25 PM in response to MTSludgepump

MTSludgepump wrote:

So, just to make sure I have this in context... some of my songs are matching. But within the SAME album, about 50% are not matching. To fix this, I have to go to my original iTunes library, back it up, and RE-ADD these songs???

HI,

If you have a problem with tracks with a waiting status, you need to remove those tracks from your iTunes library then readd them. I am not aware of any other solution to get those tracks to match or upload.

JIm

I subscribed to iTunes match because I saw: "up to 100,000 songs, and I have 53,000 songs, why do I only have access to 19,000 songs with iTunes match.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.