Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is iTunes Radio not free anymore

Is iTunes Radio not free anymore?

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 2:46 PM

8 replies

Feb 1, 2016 2:59 PM in response to turingtest2

Evening tt,

How does that differ from iTunes 'Internet' radio service. I took this up with Winston the other day and he showed me that the internet option still exists. And it does, and it works and I have no subscription to Apple music or Beats1.

Could this be that my old 10.6.8 system with its 10.11.3 iTunes service is unaffected. Or is this where the advertising element comes into play.

User uploaded file

Feb 1, 2016 3:06 PM in response to seventy one

The internet Radio service lists third-party streaming radio stations which are nothing to do with Apple, and are also available on other devices such as internet radios like the Pure or Roberts. Apple Radio consists of streaming stations run by Apple. Beats 1 is still free, but the others which were free in the USA (though not in the UK) are now rolled into Apple Music and require the subscription. Apple Music does not show on the version of iTunes which runs on 10.6.8.

User uploaded file

This is how it looks in the current iTunes. The old Internet Radio stations are available from the three-dots menu at left of the menu bar.

Is iTunes Radio not free anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.