Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar apps for Mac that don't auto reply when accepting meetings

My employer finally moved to exchange server from a proprietary calendaring system. The old calendaring system I had added to Mac's calendar app as a subscribed calendar. That didn't let me modify anything on it from the Calendar App, but I could see everything from my work exchange calendar along with other calendars I use which was fine. It seems the only way Exchange can be viewed in the Calendar App is to add it as another account. That's fine, except what happens is every new meeting request I get from Exchange requires an accept or decline action to be taken on it in the calendar app regardless of whether I already did that in my Exchange calendar on Outlook. Not convenient, but an issue I can live with.

Here's the issue. Every time I accept or reject a meeting in the Calendar App, it automatically sends an email to the meeting organizer. I've researched this at length and it appears that's just the way it works. But this is a showstopper for me since I don't want to spam every single person that invites me to a meeting.

My question(s): Does anybody know how to not have these auto emails sent upon acceptance of an Exchange meeting in the Calendar App. And, if not, and I think that may be the case, is there any other calendar app for the Mac (and for IOS for that matter as it does the same thing there too) that doesn't send the auto email? I'll switch to about anything that will congregate all my calendars together and not send auto emails every time someone using the Exchange calendar invites me to a meeting. Thanks all.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), iPhone 6 64GB / iPad Air 32GB

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 2:47 PM

There are no replies.

Calendar apps for Mac that don't auto reply when accepting meetings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.