Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't copy text from iBooks?

Hi Guys,

So i'm currently learning Swift using The Swift Programming Language 2.2 from iBooks. However it will not let me copy the text as I want run code from inside the book to test. I could write out this code myself however there are some larger sections that I would prefer not to.

Does anybody know why this is happening? In the past I have been able to copy the text from the book however now it is not letting me (it's greyed out).

Posted on Feb 1, 2016 3:41 PM

11 replies

Feb 1, 2016 4:47 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Funnily enough I already have tried to delete and redownload copies and it didn't work, before I did I kept backups in case. Here is what my iBooks library looks like right now.

User uploaded file

Earlier iBooks updated The Swift Programming Language 2.2 and I noticed for some reason I have two copies of the book. For some strange reason the book on the left (The highlighted one) WILL let me copy from the book, however the book on the right will not let me. Additionally there are subtle differences in each book (such as code structure and placement).

Maybe there is a way of determining which book is newer?

Can't copy text from iBooks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.